Andover Church - Free Christian Church

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 15:39, 18 December 2015 by Eleanor (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Free Christian Church was founded on May 7, 1846, by ink factory owner William Donald. It was formed by Andover residents who did not feel members of other churches in Andover were making a strong stand against slavery. Free Christian obtained the Elm Street property in 1903.

Rev. Jack L. Daniel was pastor of the Free Christian Church for 35 years, from 1977 to June, 2012. In 1977, the church had 75 members. In 2012, the church had 1,200 members.


See

  • "Andover church unveils addition," Eagle Tribune, November 19, 2001, p. 1.
  • "Dedicated to the Lord: New $1.7 million addition," Andover Townsman, November 21, 2001, p. 10.
  • "Underground" The Townsman, July 17,02003, page 11.
  • "Exodus, of sorts: Free Christian severs final UCC ties," Andover Townsman, October 7, 2004, p. 1.
  • "Pastor of Free Christian Church changing course," Andover Townsman, April 19, 2012, p. 10.
  • "Assistant pastor now heads Free Christian Church, Andover," Eagle Tribune, August 4, 2012, p. 5.


For a complete list of Andover Churches see Houses of Worship in Andover



--Kim 13:22, May 24, 2013 (EDT)
--Eleanor (talk) 13:52, 26 March 2015 (EDT)

--Eleanor (talk) 15:39, 18 December 2015 (EST)

back to Main Page