Difference between revisions of "Elm Square"

From Andover Answers
Jump to: navigation, search
m
Line 4: Line 4:
 
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, pages 10 and 134 (974.45 Ric).  
 
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1VO23D1142234.6117&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=andover+a+century+of+change&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Andover a Century of Change:1896 - 1996''] by Eleanor Motley Richardson, pages 10 and 134 (974.45 Ric).  
 
* "The Elm House" in [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1147N9A0874F1.34424&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=1&source=%7E%21horizon&index=.ET&term=andover+what+it+was&aspect=subtab783#focus Andover, What It Was, What It Is. : 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And)
 
* "The Elm House" in [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1147N9A0874F1.34424&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=1&source=%7E%21horizon&index=.ET&term=andover+what+it+was&aspect=subtab783#focus Andover, What It Was, What It Is. : 300th Anniversary, May 30 - June 2, 1946], (974.45 And)
 +
*[http://catalog.mvlc.org/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=126G91P433328.26155&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=elm+square+graber&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus ''Elm Square: the photographs of Richard Graber, 1962-1969/with an introduction by Howard Yezerski, text by Richard Graber, and recollections of the people of the Town of Andover''] by Richard Graber (Andover Room R 974.45 Gra).
  
 
*Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," ''Andover Townsman'', November 2, 2000
 
*Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," ''Andover Townsman'', November 2, 2000

Revision as of 17:17, 15 December 2009

Elm Square was named after the Centennial Elm in it's center. There are seven approaches to the intersection and until 1934 a trolley ran through the intersection. The tree was removed in 1919 because it was determined to be a traffic hazard.

See

  • Attached article, "Elm Square Part of the Problem," Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000
“Elm Square Part of the Problem" Andover Townsman, November 2, 2000.....click to enlarge


  • Attached article, "Centennial Elm Removed," by Charlotte Abbott Andover, Townsman December 5, 1919
    “Centenennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 1.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 5.....click to enlarge
“Centennial Elm Removed, Andover Townsman, December 5, 1919, page 7.....click to enlarge


...Elm Square before the tree before it was removed.... click to enlarge


<--Eleanor 16:17, July 13, 2006 (EDT)-->back to Main Page