Difference between pages "Memorial Hall Library - Original Art" and "Abbot Academy"

From Andover Answers
(Difference between pages)
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Sullivan, David)
 
m (New page: What later became known as Abbot Academy was incorporated as the Abbot Female Academy on February 26, 1829. It was the first school dedicated to the the higher education of girls. Miss S...)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[http://www.mhl.org/about/visit/art/ Original Art at Memorial Hall Library]
+
What later became known as Abbot Academy was incorporated as the Abbot Female Academy on February 26, 1829. It was the first school dedicated to the the higher education of girls.  Miss Sarah Abbot was the founder of the school. It merged with Philips Academy.
 
+
 
+
Information on Memorial Hall Library Orginal Art can be found in the Andover File - Memorial Hall Library - Art Works. 
+
 
+
== Accorsi,William ==
+
Artwork: "Vanessa", "Hot Air Balloon", "Airplane", "Family Outing"
+
*Morgenroth, Linda. "William Accorsi Finds His Medium in Wood."
+
 
+
 
+
== Barry, Charles Alfred ==
+
Artwork: "Abraham Lincoln" 1860
+
*"Long-Sought 'First Portrait" of Lincoln Found in Memorial Hall Library." ''Andover Townsman,'' March 6, 1947
+
*"Lincoln's First Portrait." ''Christian Science Monitor,'' February 12, 1947
+
 
+
 
+
== Coon, Howard ==
+
Artwork: "View of Rabbit's Pond", "Ballardvale", "Samaritan House on School Street", "Benjamin Abbot Homestead on Central Street", Rose Cottage, Benjamin Abbot Homestead Built About 1865".
+
*"Library Brushed up Art Work," '' Andover Townsman,'' October 3, 1991.
+
 
+
 
+
== Hammond, Phyllis ==
+
Artwork: "Centerpoint"
+
*A description of Centerpoint
+
 
+
 
+
== Twenty Quilters under the direction of Joan Ross ==
+
350th Anniversary Quilt: The Hill, the Mill, and the Till
+
*Description of the 350th Anniversary Quilt
+
 
+
 
+
== Kleck, Pat ==
+
Artwork: "Dancing Man"
+
*Quimby, Beth. "Art Thrives in Quiet Life." ''Sunday Eagle Tribune'', August 3, 1977, page 1.
+
*French, Kimberly. "Pat Keck's World of Upside Down." ''Boston Globe'', June 1 1985.
+
   
+
 
+
== McDowell, Ruth B. ==
+
Two Quilts: "Freesia", "Out on a Limb"
+
*"Ruth B. McDowell Quintessential Quilter". Quint World, February/March 1988, p. 31 to p. 34.
+
 
+
 
+
== Raymond, David ==
+
Artwork: "Real Miracles"
+
*"Modern Art on the Move." ''Andover Townsman,'' October 18, 1987.
+
*"What's Behind the Library." Andover Townsman, October 8, 1987
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
== Steele, Mark ==
+
Artwork: "Over Andover"
+
*Featuring the following Andoverites
+
**From left to right front row: Kenneth Mahoney (Town Manager 1982 - 1990), Nancy Jacobson (Library Director 1974 - 1993), Miriam Putnam (Library Director 1939- 1967)
+
** From left to right back row: M. John Christiansen, Jr. (Architect Shelpey Bulfince Boston), Norma Gammon, (Trustee Chair 1985 - 1989) Michael Frishman (Friends' President 1986 - 1989)
+
*Temin, Christine. "Men of Harvard, Men of Steele,"'' Boston Globe Magazine'', September 7, 1986, page 19+
+
 
+
== Sullivan, David ==
+
Artwork: "After Cezanne"
+
*Description of After Cezanne
+
  
 +
See
 +
* Downs, Annie Sawyer. "Abbot Academy." ''New England Magazine'' February 1886, page 136 - 151
 +
* [http://catalog.mvlc.org/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=12029A6B69X21.66938&profile=man&source=~!horizon&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!378415~!1&ri=3&aspect=subtab783&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=abbot+academy&index=.ET&uindex=&aspect=subtab783&menu=search&ri=3#focus A Singular School: Abbot Academy, 1828 - 1973] by Susan McIntosh Lloyd, Andover room R 376.9 Llo
  
  
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
 
<br style="clear:both;" />
  
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:23, March 13, 2007 (EDT)
+
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 16:11, February 13, 2008 (EST)
  
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
 
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Revision as of 17:11, 13 February 2008

What later became known as Abbot Academy was incorporated as the Abbot Female Academy on February 26, 1829. It was the first school dedicated to the the higher education of girls. Miss Sarah Abbot was the founder of the school. It merged with Philips Academy.

See



--Eleanor 16:11, February 13, 2008 (EST)

back to Main Page