Andover Business - Andover Bank
From Andover Answers
Revision as of 14:58, 24 August 2011 by Eleanor
- Andover Savings Bank was founded in 1834 (1826)
- Simplified its name to Andover Bank in 1991
- Went public on May 8, 1986, with the symbol ANDB on NASDAQ.
- The value of each share on May 8, 1986: bid 17 1/8; ask 17 3/8
- Andover Bank (ANDB) was officially bought by BankNorth Group of Portland, Maine on October 31, 2001. Because it is no longer sold, Andover Bank stock is not listed on Bigcharts.
- Formally became BankNorth (BNK) in February of 2002; BNK is sold on the NYSE
- At the closing 2.27 shares of Banknorth was exchanged for one share of Andover's stock.
- The name was changed to TD Banknorth in 2005.
- The name was changed to TD Bank September 2009; Tronto-Dominion Bank is sold on the NYSE and the symbol is TD.
- Last President of Andover Bank was Gerald T. Mulligan
- Andover Townsman, May 22, 1986.
- Andover Townsman, June 14, 2001
- Andover Townsman, November 15, 2001.
- Andover: A Century of Change by Eleanor Motley Richardson, (974.45 Ric),page 133 - 134 and page 222.