Civil War - Andover Memorial Plaques
In April, 1866, following the Civil War, the town of Andover voted to raise $4,500 for a soldiers' monument. The project was shelved for a time and the funds eventually became available for Memorial Hall. Additional funds were needed and raised. Memorial Hall was opened May 1, 1873. The second floor was kept as a Civil War Memorial Room. The names of town's loyal Union dead are inscribed in marble plaques.
--Kim 14:08, April 22, 2010 (EDT)
back to Main Page