In November, 1956, the Sylvania-Corning Nuclear Corporation was planning to locate a nuclear plant on 150 acres near Shattuck Farm. This was considered to be very beneficial for the town and received widespread support. Ultimately, Sylvania-Corning Nuclear Corporation pulled out of the deal when plans were slow to develop and additional zoning changes might be necessary. The facility opened in Bayside, NY, instead.
- "The nuclear plant that almost came to town," Andover Townsman, July 10, 2007, pages 13-14.
--Kim 14:50, August 26, 2011 (EDT)
back to Main Page