Difference between revisions of "Sacred Heart School"

From Andover Answers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
m
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Sacred Heart School was founded in 1946  for Catholic boys in grades four through eight.  The Brothers of the Sacred Heart purchased the adminstration building purchased the admin bldg, athletic fields ,and Crystal Ballroom from the American Woolen Company.  The adminsitration building became the school.  By 1961 enrollment reached 250, but later declined. Sacred Heart School closed in 1975 when it was converted into the Balmoral Condominiums.  
Sacred Heart School was founded in 1946  for Catholic boys in grades four through eight.  The Brothers of the Sacred Heart purchased the administration building, the athletic fields, and Crystal Ballroom from the American Woolen Company.  The administration building became the school.  By 1961 enrollment reached 250 but later declined. Sacred Heart School closed in 1975 when it was converted into the Balmoral Condominiums.  
see Eleanor Richardson's [http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1B38564T81390.12527&menu=search&aspect=subtab783&npp=25&ipp=20&spp=20&profile=man&ri=&term=richardson+andover+century+change&index=.GW&aspect=subtab783&term=&index=.AW&term=&index=.ET&term=&index=.SW&x=0&y=0#focus Andover: A Century of Change] (R 974.45 Ric)


For records, contact either headquarters of the Brothers of Sacred Heart or Archdiocese in Boston.
See
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=487303&t=andover%20a%20century%20of%20change&tp=keyword&d=0&hc=2&rt=keyword Andover: A Century of Change], by Eleanor Richardson (R 974.45 Ric)
 
*For records, contact either headquarters of the Brothers of Sacred Heart or the [http://www.rcab.org/ Archdiocese in Boston.]


<br style="clear:both;" />
<br style="clear:both;" />
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
back to [[Main Page|Main Page]]
--[[User:Eleanor|Eleanor]] 20:21, February 2, 2006 (EST)
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]
[[Category:Andover Answers Index]]

Latest revision as of 11:33, 5 October 2011

Sacred Heart School was founded in 1946 for Catholic boys in grades four through eight. The Brothers of the Sacred Heart purchased the administration building, the athletic fields, and Crystal Ballroom from the American Woolen Company. The administration building became the school. By 1961 enrollment reached 250 but later declined. Sacred Heart School closed in 1975 when it was converted into the Balmoral Condominiums.

See


back to Main Page

--Eleanor 20:21, February 2, 2006 (EST)