Difference between revisions of "Smith and Dove Flax Mills"

From Andover Answers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m
m
Line 2: Line 2:
<ol>Railroad Street and Essex Street and Red Spring Road</ol><br>
<ol>Railroad Street and Essex Street and Red Spring Road</ol><br>
Originally the site was used by Abraham Marland. Then in 1814 Pascal and Abel Abbot erected a mill to produce spun cotton, wool and flannel.  They operated the mill until 1837.  James Howarth erected a stone mill building in 1824 to produce flannel.  This mill went out of business in 1837 also.
Originally the site was used by Abraham Marland. Then in 1814 Pascal and Abel Abbot erected a mill to produce spun cotton, wool and flannel.  They operated the mill until 1837.  James Howarth erected a stone mill building in 1824 to produce flannel.  This mill went out of business in 1837 also.


See
See
*[http://134.241.121.88/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=116OU380E7843.3357&profile=man&source=~!horizon&view=subscriptionsummary&uri=full=3100001~!422474~!1&ri=1&aspect=subtab783&menu=search&ipp=20&spp=20&staffonly=&term=The+Lower+Merrimack+River+Valley&index=.ET&uindex=&aspect=subtab783&menu=search&ri=1#focus ''The Lower Merrimack River Valley: An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites''] R 609 Low, page 9.
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=422475&t=lower%20merrimack%20valley%20an%20inventory&tp=title&d=0&hc=2&rt=title ''The Lower Merrimack River Valley: An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites''] R 609 Low, page 9.





Revision as of 11:51, 5 October 2011

Smith and Dove Flax Mills

    Railroad Street and Essex Street and Red Spring Road


Originally the site was used by Abraham Marland. Then in 1814 Pascal and Abel Abbot erected a mill to produce spun cotton, wool and flannel. They operated the mill until 1837. James Howarth erected a stone mill building in 1824 to produce flannel. This mill went out of business in 1837 also.


See



--Eleanor 12:53, October 7, 2006 (EDT) back to Main Page