Difference between revisions of "Smith and Dove Flax Mills"

From Andover Answers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 7: Line 7:
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=422475&t=lower%20merrimack%20valley%20an%20inventory&tp=title&d=0&hc=2&rt=title ''The Lower Merrimack River Valley: An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites''] R 609 Low, page 9.
*[http://andover.mvlc.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=422475&t=lower%20merrimack%20valley%20an%20inventory&tp=title&d=0&hc=2&rt=title ''The Lower Merrimack River Valley: An Inventory of Historic Engineering and Industrial Sites''] R 609 Low, page 9.


*Small Riot, Attack on Officer and Abbot Village. (Bill Dalton column describes Abbot Village where many Smith and Dove workers lived, and Abbot Village Hall) ''Andover Townsman'' January 26, 2012, p.9.
*Small Riot, Attack on Officer and Abbot Village. (Bill Dalton column describes Abbot Village, where many Smith and Dove workers lived, and Abbot Village Hall) ''Andover Townsman'' January 26, 2012, p.9.





Revision as of 17:49, 8 August 2012

Smith and Dove Flax Mills

    Railroad Street and Essex Street and Red Spring Road


Originally the site was used by Abraham Marland. Then in 1814 Pascal and Abel Abbot erected a mill to produce spun cotton, wool and flannel. They operated the mill until 1837. James Howarth erected a stone mill building in 1824 to produce flannel. This mill went out of business in 1837 also.


See

  • Small Riot, Attack on Officer and Abbot Village. (Bill Dalton column describes Abbot Village, where many Smith and Dove workers lived, and Abbot Village Hall) Andover Townsman January 26, 2012, p.9.



--Eleanor 12:53, October 7, 2006 (EDT)--Leslie 17:48, August 8, 2012 (EDT) back to Main Page