Smith and Dove Flax Mills

From Andover Answers
Revision as of 12:54, 7 October 2006 by Eleanor (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Smith and Dove Flax Mills

    Railroad Street and Essex Street and Red Spring Road

Originally the site was used by Abraham Marland. Then in 1814 Pascal and Abel Abbot erected a mill to produce spun cotton, wool and flannel. They operated the mill until 1837. James Howarth erected a stone mill building in 1824 to produce flannel. This mill went out of business in 1837 also.


--Eleanor 12:53, October 7, 2006 (EDT) back to Main Page