South Church (Parish)
South Parish Church is the oldest church in Andover. It was organized as "Church of Andover," on October 24, 1645.
Oldest Tombstone Inscription The oldest gravestone inscription is that of Mrs. Ann Blanchard, wife of Jonathan Blanchard, who died on February 29, 1710.
Rev. John Zehring became the 17th pastor at South Church in 2009, replacing Rev. Cal Mutti who served for 18 years.
- Historical Manual of the South Church in Andover, (R285.8 Sou), page 125.
- "Zehring becomes 17th Pastor at South Church," Eagle Tribune, August 1, 2009, p. 5.
- Andover's South Church Celebrates 300th Year. Reverend Will Dress in 1711 Clothing Sunday, Some Will Arrive in Horse-Drawn Carriage.(photo) Eagle Tribune October 7, 2011, p.3
- Praying Like It's 1711. South Church to Celebrate its 300th with Historic Service. (photo) Andover Townsman October 13, 2011, p.1, 5.
- Andover, Methuen UCC Churches Welcome Female Leaders.(Terry Ebner new minister) Eagle Tribune October 29, 2011, p.5
back to Main Page