Andover Biography - Claude M. Fuess
Claude M. Fuess, American educator and biographer, was born in Waterville, New York on January 12, 1885.
A graduate of Amherst College, he was headmaster of Phillips Academy from 1933-1948.
He wrote many books including:
- Andover Symbol of New England,
- Story of Essex County,
- Independent Schoolmaster,
- An Old New England School
- Phillips Academy, Andover, In the Great War
- The Andover Way, a novel about Andover
"One Man's Fuess", by William H. Brown. Andover Historical Society Bulletin, Autumn 1963