The Andona Society, deriving its name from combining Andover with the latin word for give - dona, was founded by five residents of Andover in 1952. Through the years the members have provided funding for many Andover activities and services including:
- sports and recreational activities,
- library expansion in the the Children's Room
- the Cormier Youth Center
- babysitting program for middle school students
- vision screening for pre-school children
Also they sponsor Clown Town, the annual Spring Gala, and Sidewalk Bazaar.
- Andover: A Century of Change, by Eleanor Richardson (R 974.45 Ric), page 52
- "Andona Society, A Local Women's Group With a Long History", Andover Townsman, November 5, 2015, page 11.
back to Main Page