Trustees of the Punchard Free School
The Trustees of the Punchard Free School were incorporated in 1851. At the town meeting held December 16, 1850, five trustees were elected by ballot, two from Christ Church Parish, two from the South Church Parish, one from the West Parish Society. The board purchased a lot of eight and one-fourth acres for Punchard Free School in 1853. The Trustees still exist for the function of award some scholarships to graduating seniors.
- The Townswoman's Andover by Bessie Goldsmith pages 44-49(974.45 Gol)
- "Punchard Trust: 150 Years of Andover Schooling," Andover Townsman, November 15, 2001.
- "Though Punchard Trustees are elected, they must be of certain faith - even now," Andover Townsman, November 15, 2001.
- "A final recognition for Punchard High," Andover Townsman, October 10, 2013, p. 7.
back to Main Page