Fire Department / Fire Stations: Difference between revisions

From Andover Answers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
mNo edit summary
Line 14: Line 14:
'''1895''' The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.
'''1895''' The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.


 
'''1966''' A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.


'''2002''' September Main Street Fire Station Razed
'''2002''' September Main Street Fire Station Razed

Revision as of 10:39, 9 September 2006

See

1833 Town Meeting Voted $365 to build an engine house on Essex Street

1924 Town Fire Department was established with Charles Emerson appointed as the first Fire Chief. By then "horses had become a thing of the past."

See

1829 Town established the Friendly Fire Society

1862 The Friendly Fire Society was renamed the Shawsheen Steam Fire Engine Company.

1895 The Ballardvale Station was relocated to the corner of Andover Street and Clark Road.

1966 A new fire station was built in West Andover on Chandler Road.

2002 September Main Street Fire Station Razed

--Eleanor 15:34, August 23, 2006 (EDT)

back to Main Page



--Eleanor 09:43, September 9, 2006 (EDT)

back to Main Page